From the E. Lind collection.
Somewhere around 1905, Franklin Hiram Walker, son of Hiram Walker, founder of Walkertown and Walker distilleries, contracted Holland and Holland to build him a double rifle for an upcoming Chamois hunt in Italy. The rifle pictured was the result, the story goes that Mr. Walker went to Italy shot his Chamois and put the rifle away, never to be used again. Apparently, 6 shots were fired. The rifle was bequeathed to Mr. Walker's house manager, which then passed it along to his son, from whom the rifle was purchased. The provenance is solid, the condition is impeccable, the rarity of caliber is undeniable 295/300 rook, the grade is of the highest quality, for the double rifle collector this is the holy grail. If interested please contact me and I will put you directly in touch with Mr. Lind to work out payment and shipping details.
This is the most beautiful double rifle I have ever held in my hands, just a show stopper. There is barely a 1/4 inch of un-engraved metal on this rifle, even the butt plate is completely engraved. Bores are beautiful, can't wait to shoot it. Flip up, Ivory bead front sight, beautiful english walnut stocks, nicely fitted pistol grip. I just have to clean out the old oil from the engraving and take some new pictures. Who says box locks cannot be best guns.
oldguns.ca, virtual museum collection.
From the E. Lind collection.
Desirable Master Engraved, double signed, Belgium Browning Olympian Grade 270 Caliber Bolt Action Rifle. Manufactured in 1974, so outside of any issue with salt wood damage. French grey finish . The follower and bolt assembly are polished, the extractor is jewelled, and the trigger is gold washed. The rifle is engraved extensively. The stock is extra fancy select walnut with a high gloss finish, fine line checkering and floral and punch dot hand carving on the forearm and grip area, contrasting fore end and grip cap with a diamond shaped brass inset on the grip cap, raised comb, cheekpiece, plastic Browning butt plate and sling swivel studs.
In excellent condition, this rifle retains 99% plus, original blue and French satin grey finishes. Wood is very fine, the carving and checkering remain crisp. The action is excellent. This rifle is unfired.
The Marlin 1894 was originally patented on August 1, 1893 by L.L. Hepburn. With this design, Marlin simplified and strengthened the internal lever-action mechanism while continuing the practice of using a flat solid steel top receiver with side ejection. With the Model 1894, Marlin removed the rear-locking lug, which extended down into the trigger guard and had a tendency to pinch the shooter’s fingers during rapid-fire cycling. Other design improvements over the Model 1889 included a one-piece trigger and a two-piece firing pin to prevent the rifle from firing unless the finger lever was fully closed or if the locking lug were missing. Additionally, the finger lever lock of the Model 1889 was eliminated on the Model 1894 and replaced by a latch built into the lever itself. This model was chambered in the same calibers with the addition of the 25-20 and later 218 bee.
The Model 1894 and its successors found particular favour in Canada, Alaska, and the Pacific Northwest, where precipitation combined with cold temperatures sometimes caused top-eject designs to freeze solid. During the Klondike Gold Rush, the solid-top Marlin design was preferred by many prospectors facing subzero temperatures and dangerous animals, since the solid top frame was better at keeping freezing rain, snow and dirt out of the operating parts of the action.
This is a 20 inch factory short barrelled rifle in 44-40, he double stamp for the caliber is very unusual and reportedly has not been seen before according to the Marlin Collectors records, the forearm wood is standard length. Short rifles are scarce as the standard barrel length was 24 inches. Most people that wanted a shorter barrel would go to a carbine which had a 20 inch barrel standard, why spend money on a special order 20 inch barrel when you could buy a standard rifle with a 20 barrel in a carbine. We cannot say how many short barrel rifles were made as the records end in December of 1906, and there was another 10 years of production after that before the Marlin family sold the company. The new company continued producing sporting arms to 1921, when yet another company took over, producing sporting arms using left over parts. That continued to 1924, when the company went broke and sold to yet another company. So, you can see, there is a problem trying to determine how many would have been produced. By far, the 20 inch short rifles are more scarce than either the 24, 26 and maybe even the 28 inch barrelled versions. The receiver shows mottled grey from fading case colours and there is case colours still present in the protected areas. Wood is good and solid, bore is mint (bright shiny, with strong rifling), barrel and mag tube blue is a solid 80%. Mechanically it is perfect and a great shooter.
oldguns.ca, virtual museum collection.
The pepperbox, or at least the firearm that is mostly associated with this term, was invented in the 1830s and was intended for civilian use, but military officers often made private purchases for their own use. The design spread rapidly in the United States, the United Kingdom and some parts of continental Europe. It was similar to the later revolver in that it contained bullets in separate chambers in a rotating cylinder. Unlike the revolver, however, each chamber had its own barrel, making a complex indexing system unnecessary (though pepperboxes with such a system do exist). Originally these pistols were muzzle loaders, but in 1837 the Belgian gunsmith Mariette invented a hammerless pepperbox with a ring trigger and turn off barrels that could be unscrewed. A few percussion pepperboxes were still hand rotated but most have a mechanism that rotates the barrel group as the hammer is cocked for each shot. Single-action versions were made, notably by Darling of Massachusetts, but the vast majority use the self-cocking system whereby pressing the trigger rotates the barrel block, cocks the hammer and finally fires the weapon. The main producer of self-cocking top hammer pepperboxes (mostly referred to as "bar-hammer pepperbox") in the United States was Ethan Allen, but this type of weapon was also produced in very large quantities in England. Some pepperboxes fired the lower barrel instead of the upper, such as the American Blunt & Syms, the English Cooper or the Belgian Mariette (in configurations with between 4 and 24 barrels). Usually these employed an "underhammer" action, with the hammer mounted under the frame, behind the barrels, forward of the trigger (often a ring-trigger). Several other types of firing mechanisms exist, such as rotating internal firing pins (Rigby, Robbins and Lawrence, Comblain), rotating firing pins on a hammer (Sharps, Grunbaum) or multiple firing pins (Martin). During the early 1830s English gunsmith Joseph Manton offered a variant with a retractable knife blade and pistols with up to 18 barrels. The Robbins & Lawrence pepperboxes of 1851–1854 had rifled barrels, a break action breech loading mechanism and an early safety catch, meaning that it was not necessary to disassemble the gun to reload it. The flaw with the pepperbox is that it becomes more front heavy if the length and number of barrels is increased, making accurate aiming difficult. With most types in particular those with rotating barrel clusters, it is almost impossible to aim beyond close range because the hammer is in the line of sight (some pepperboxes have a slot in the hammer through which one is supposed to aim), there is no place to put a frontsight (putting one for each barrel would only increase the weight of the front end and likely make drawing the weapon awkward), and the gun is too front heavy to permit quick and steady aiming. However, the primary market was for civilian self-defense, so its most common use was at close range. Common practice at the time, indeed, was not to aim pistols, but instead to "shoot from the hip", holding the gun low and simply pointing at the target's center of mass. Gunfights often happened at very range. With this use in mind, many pepperboxes, in fact, have smooth-bored barrels, even though rifling had been commonly used for decades by the time of their manufacture. In the Old West, large pepperboxes were favoured by the gold prospectors of 1849, for protection against robbers, rival claimants and hostile native Americans. Both American and British made pepperboxes were also popular among gold miners in Australia as a cheaper alternative to the Colt Navy Revolver, and several were used at the Eureka stockade.
Multi shot percussion firearms were often considered dangerous because firing one powder charge could ignite the others (a "chainfire"), all at the same time, when proper care was not taken. This problem was largely eliminated by the introduction of nipple partitions, evident on later percussion revolvers, which largely shielded the percussion caps on neighbouring chambers from the flash struck by the weapon's hammer during firing. However, this feature is rarely seen on pepperboxes, although some had the nipples placed in recesses or at right angles to each other to reduce the chance of a chainfire. A chainfire in a pepperbox would be far less dangerous than in a single barreled revolver because with a pepperbox, each of its bullets could freely exit its own dedicated barrel (essentially turning it into an impromptu volley gun. Similarly if a chamber was not in exactly the right position when the hammer hit the cap it would fire normally and safely, as opposed to a single barrelled revolver where a cylinder misaligned with the barrel when fired could cause a potentially explosive malfunction. This simplicity and safety helped the pepperbox survive after more modern revolvers came along, as well as keeping production costs a lot lower than revolvers with their more complex mechanisms.
This particular piece is an amazing find, I believe this pistol to be unfired, made somewhere around the mid 18th century and to have remained in this condition for 170 years, it's almost impossible to believe.
oldguns.ca, virtual museum collection.
As a Colony and Dominion of Britain until Confederation in 1867, the security of Canada was in the hands of the British Government.
As such, British forces were stationed in Canada to varying degrees, depending on need and perceived external threats. Those forces were armed and provided for at the discretion and expense of the British Government.
The need for an improved defence organization was an important contributing factor leading to negotiations for Confederation. Following Confederation, Sir George Etienne Cartier's first Militia Act for the Dominion of Canada created the Department of Militia and Defence in 1868. It drew heavily upon Canada's system of universal obligation for military service and volunteer units, which visibly embodied the militia.
The new Canadian armed forces continued to rely on Britain for the supply of arms, not always with success. Weapons from American suppliers crept into the chain to fill shortages. As ammunition development progressed, and following the introduction of Magazine Lee-Metford and Enfield rifles, many Martini arms on hand through the latter part of the 19th century were converted to .303” calibre. Thus Canadians were armed with a hodge-podge, depending on service and immediate need.
One exception was unique to Canada. Following approval by the Department of Militia and Defence, the .303” caliber Martini-Metford MkII rifle was ordered from Britain, along with the P1893 sword bayonet. The bayonets were contracted to Wilkinson of London, and a production run of 1,000 completed by 1894.
The hilt design of the bayonet was influenced by the British Martini Henry P1887 MkIII, and strongly followed the overall appearance of the British 1888 Trials bayonet.
All British markings on P1893 bayonets to date are marked as follows, the left ricasso bears a large Victorian crown over V.R, the issue date of 2 ’94, and maker's name WILKINSON, LONDON.
The right ricasso is stamped with the British ownership mark : WD over an arrow, the lone (Wilkinson) inspector's stamp on steel : a crown over 35 over W, and the ‘X’ bend test mark.
Both grips of each bayonet are also marked with a Wilkinson inspector's stamp : crown over 49 over W.
Of the 1,000 Martini Metford rifles and bayonets purchased from Britain, the majority were issued to the Royal Regiment of Canadian Infantry. The RRCI were formed on 23rd May 1893, and re-designated the Royal Canadian Regiment in November 1901. Apparently, two issue marks are encountered RRCI 1-500 for issue to The Royal Regiment of Canadian Infantry Canada's regular army infantry regt and M&D 501-1000 forMilitia and Defence property stamp. M&D marked were issued in small numbers to select militia regts. This particular example is neither marked for the regiment nor the Militia. Interesting non British approved arm but which went through full inspection and view process. Unique to Canada, these are scarce bayonets and are highly prized by collectors. Auction prices for these bayonets typically range from $2,600-$5,000, Canadian. Reference material, www.bayonetsplus.com.
Antique Barnett Hudson Bay Company Large Bore Percussion Northwest Trade gun, made circa the 1840s in England.
Highly sought after, furs had become a major commodity across Europe. With the Americas being a vast and unexplored Frontier full of brand-new resources, the local “Mountain Men” and Natives alike, had no qualms in becoming he largest suppliers. Naturally, the big business of furs began to boom. The Hudson’s Bay and Northwest Fur Co. were among the largest. Fur trapping, hunting, and trading did indeed offer some financial fortune, but as rewards go, it required great risk and sacrifice. Frontiersman would have always been on the lookout for natural and expected dangers like bear, mountain lions, and surviving through inclement weather. Although, in many cases this was the least of their worries. Fear of Native raids, jealous competition, and even local insurgencies would have been the last thought to cross the mind before an attempt of falling asleep. Even Popular culture, in its theatrical productions of “The Revenant” and “Frontier,” depict the business of fur trading as more dangerous than exciting. A rifle, just like this one, would have been the most significant tool one could have wielded, determining his level success or, unfortunate untimely death.
Trade guns like a Barnett musket were often slightly lighter and typically shorter than a traditional one. The trigger guard would feature a wider or more elongated trigger access, so that its user could wear gloves or mittens in colder weather. This example showcases a side plate with an embossed dragon as most of them did. This mark would help Native Americans recognize and authenticate the rifle. These rifles were given nicknames by many, such as “Northwest guns, Mackinaw guns, or Hudson’s Bay fukes.” It would not have been uncommon for fur traders to find powder, shot, flint, and parts through maritime traders, especially Native Americans, as this was their only means of supply. A good relationship between fur traders and gun suppliers was paramount.
The overall condition is good. The action is strong. The bore is good. The side plate has been cast into a swirling dragon. The lock reads “BARNETT" with the famous tombstone fox . Wood is somewhat smooth, the normal wear has likely been helped along. Overall a very nice example of an original Indian trade musket.
oldguns.ca, virtual museum collection.
This is the most amazing pin fire revolver I have ever come across, the workmanship is without question just spectacular. I do not normally collect pin fires but I can't seem to separate myself from this piece. Just look at the hearts and the stylized L's, the gold wash, the complete 100% engraving even on the barrel. This must have been for a lady or maybe a valentine's day gift. Even with the minor flaws in the trigger guard and hammer, it is still in outstanding condition. Gold wash is very easy to rub off. The makers name is completely worn off the barrel panel but thanks to the pin fire forum, we were able to identify the maker as “Ch. T. Colard”, his design and construction is very easily identifiable.
The Swiss gun maker Samuel Joannes Pauly patented the first breech loading cartridge in 1812. This was for use in a shotgun with fixed barrels which was loaded by lifting a breech block on the top. French gun maker Henri Roux attempted to improve this cartridge in the 1820s but a constantly primed cartridge was felt by many to be too dangerous and many breech loading guns reverted to using an unprimed cartridge. This was fired by a separate percussion cap which was used on the still dominant muzzle-loading guns.
Casimir Lefaucheux of Paris decided in 1832 to patent a breechloader where the barrel hinged downwards to reveal the breech ends. These still used a separate percussion cap. Though used before this, (as seen in surviving pinfire shotshells that lists the names of early gun makers he signed contracts with in 1833 and 1834,) in 1835 he was granted an addition to the 1832 patent for a new type of cartridge in which the cartridge's priming compound is ignited by striking a small pin which protrudes radially from just above the base of the cartridge. These pins fitted into a small groove cut in the top of each barrel-end and made it easy to see if the gun was loaded. The cartridge used metal bases (often brass) with paper tubes which were usually loaded by the shooter or his staff but were not entirely gas-tight. This reduced the force of the charge and allowed powder residue and gas to escape.
The pinfire cartridge was greatly improved by the 1846 patent (number 1963) by Benjamin Houllier of Paris which introduced a base wad and effectively made the cartridge gas-tight which greatly improved the performance. They were cheap and clean shooting. These improved pinfire guns grew in popularity in France and some were imported by British gun makers to overwhelming indifference on the part of the gun users there. They were prejudiced technically against a gun that 'broke' in the middle, despite the much vaunted benefits of breechloading. They owned muzzle-loaders of exquisite perfection, considered themselves the best engineers in the world (inventing the Industrial Revolution), and had a poor view of the French - the old enemy and an unreliable ally.
It was not until the Great Exhibition of 1851 was held in London that breech loading guns were taken more seriously by British and American gun makers in particular. The display of a Lefaucheux breech loading gun inspired English apprentice gunmaker Edwin Charles Hodges (1831-1925) to make an improved copy and persuade leading London gun maker Joseph Lang that this was the gun of the future. Lang was universally credited to be the first established British gunmaker to produce pinfires in any numbers. His first weapon of this new type was produced in 1853. Other British gun makers including Lancaster, Blanch and Reilly were similarly inspired by French originals and improved pinfire breechloaders became the new type of gun which by 1857/8 every fashionable British prince and titled gentleman wanted to have. EC Hodges continued to make a good living as a specialist independent maker of breechloading actions commissioned by leading gunmakers such as Boss, Lancaster, Egg, Grant, Atkin, Rigby, Dickson, Purdey, Woodward, Army and Navy, and many others.
After Casimir's death in 1852, his son Eugene continued to market the pinfire design with great success. It became increasingly popular in Europe and large numbers of shotguns and revolvers (often called Lefaucheux guns after their inventor whoever the maker was), were manufactured from the mid-1850s until the 1890s. They were quicker and easier to load than percussion weapons with loose black powder, percussion caps and a bullet; and they were also much more likely to fire reliably when wet. Pinfire cartridges were available in a large number of sizes for various types of weapon.
While pinfire shotguns declined from the early 1860s after the introduction of mass-produced centerfire shotgun cartridges, pinfire revolvers in particular became very successful and widespread, being adopted by the armies of France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden and others. They were also used during the American Civil War, although sometimes despised because of their low power compared to Colt and other percussion revolvers. Some navies also adopted them, "sea service" examples often being made out of brass which is largely unaffected by the corrosion caused by salt.
Pinfire became obsolete once reliable rimfire and centerfire cartridges became available because without a pin which needed aligning in the slot in the chamber wall they were quicker to load. They were also safer because they had no protruding pin which could cause the ammunition to accidentally detonate during rough handling, particularly of loose ammunition.
oldguns.ca, virtual museum collection.
The Sharps-Borchardt Model 1878 is a single-shot hammerless falling block action rifle designed by Hugo Borchardt and made by the Sharps rifle company. It closely resembles older Sharps Rifles but has a firing mechanism that uses a hammerless striker rather than a hammer and firing pin like the old Sharps Rifle. This hammerless dropping block breech-loader was based on a patent granted to Hugo Borchardt in 1877. It was the last of the Sharps single-shot rifles, and the Borchardt did not sell very well. According to company records 22,500 rifles were made in all models from 1877 until the Sharps Rifle Co. closed down in 1881. Although it was designed for the huge black powder "buffalo" cartridges of the day, it came too late, at the very end of the great bison slaughter.
Several variants were produced: Carbine, Military, Short Range, Mid Range, Long Range, Hunter, Business, Sporting, and Express. The Military Sharps-Borchardt was made only in 45-70 with 32" round barrels and was purchased by the militias of the states of Michigan, North Carolina, and Massachusetts. The other models were manufactured in a variety of calibers, barrel types, sights, stocks, engraving, etc. and were designed for varying purposes. The Hunters variation was the most affordable. Notwithstanding its lack of commercial success the Sharps-Borchardt is admired for its strength and accuracy: reputed to be one of the strongest if not the strongest rifle action ever built before the latter 20th century. The gun was revolutionary at its time for its use of coil springs as opposed to flat springs. These guns were popular among long-range shooters and Creedmore Match competitors. Many were re-chambered for use as small bore varmint rifles. Surviving guns are highly prized by collectors, especially unmodified examples chambered for heavy .45 and .50-caliber Sharps big-game cartridges.
This example appears to have been re-freshed somewhat, possibly/probably new or re done wood, the finish is too nice for the rest of rifles condition. The metal appears to have some additional blue added to the otherwise grey surfaces. Mechanically, it functions as it should.
The barrel measures 32 inches and the bore condition is decent, distinct rifling but with some black powder roughness in the grooves. Should make a good shooter as well as a very collectable rifle. Antique status in Canada, no license required.
Hopkins & Allen Manufacturing Co. of Norwich, Connecticut, was a major manufacturer of rifles, shotguns, and inexpensive cartridge handguns between 1868 and 1915. Hopkins & Allen purchased the assets of the Bacon Manufacturing Company when that firm ceased operations in 1868, a victim of declining government arms purchases after the end of the Civil War. Bacon employees Colonel Charles A. Converse and Samuel S. Hopkins, charged with carrying out the sale of their company, found that the post-war recession made the sale of the firm as difficult as it had been to find buyers for Bacon firearms. Instead, they recruited Horace A. Briggs, Bacon Manufacturing's owner, as well as Samuel Hopkins' brother Charles, and Charles H. Allen as business partners.
After an investment of $1000 each, the new company, Hopkins & Allen Manufacturing Co., began operations as a producer of firearms, machinery, tools, and hardware. Officers included the initial investors-stockholders, with Briggs serving as president, Charles Hopkins as secretary, Converse as treasurer, and Samuel Hopkins and Charles Allen, directors. Shortly after the establishment of the company, Henry H. Hopkins, elder brother of Charles and Samuel, became superintendent of Hopkins & Allen, a position which he held for nearly a decade. As were those of Bacon Manufacturing, Hopkins & Allen's production facilities were located in Norwich. With a workforce of 30, H & A began to turn out five-shot .31 caliber percussion revolvers that were essentially identical to those previously manufactured by Bacon.
The firm was initially prohibited from manufacturing cartridge revolvers using Rollin White's patent for bored-through cylinders, on which Smith & Wesson held exclusive rights. After the expiration of this patent, Hopkins & Allen began converting their percussion revolvers to accept cartridge ammunition. In addition, a line of spur-trigger cartridge revolvers in .22 rimfire and .32 rimfire calibers was introduced. Many of Hopkins & Allen revolvers were sold to distributors under trade names including Blue Jacket, Mountain Eagle, Ranger, and others.
The 1870s brought a period of expansion for H & A. It also marked the beginning of an association between Hopkins & Allen and Merwin-Hulbert & Co. Merwin-Hulbert became H & A's sales representative in 1871, and ties between the two companies were strengthened in 1874, when Charles A. Converse elected to leave the business, selling his shares to Merwin-Hulbert. By mid-decade, H & A had begun to manufacture Merwin-Hulbert Automatic Revolvers under the supervision of Joseph Merwin. In addition to overseeing production, Merwin continued his experimentation with new designs in a section of the Hopkins & Allen plant.
By the late 1870s, Hopkins & Allen's sales had grown to the point that the company relocated to larger facilities in Norwich. H & A's product line also expanded to include the XL Army, XL Navy, and XL police models. These larger six-shot revolvers were available in .44-40 centerfire, .44 rimfire, and .38 rimfire calibers and featured barrel lengths of 4 ? to 7 ? inches. After purchasing Bay State Arms Company in 1878, Hopkins & Allen began production of falling block rifles and tip-up shotguns. The acquisition of Bay State brought with it William H. Davenport's patent for the production of high quality rifle barrels. William Davenport, Bay State's founder, remained with Hopkins & Allen until 1890, when he formed the W. H. Davenport Firearms Company.
By 1907, Davenport's fortunes were in decline, and Hopkins & Allen purchased this firm as well. In 1896, Merwin, Hulbert & Co. failed, sending shockwaves through H & A. The Norwich arms maker suffered a $90,000 loss, a small percentage of which was later recovered in bankruptcy proceedings. In addition, Hopkins & Allen was left without an outlet for sales and customer relations.
The company struggled to remain in business until 1898, when new management elected new officers and reorganized the firm as the Hopkins & Allen Arms Company of Norwich, Connecticut. The Hopkins brothers and Charles Allen continued, but their ownership stake had been reduced to 15 percent. In addition to their line of pistols, rifles, and shotguns, H & A had also manufactured tools and bicycles, but the firm's new management dropped these products and focused solely on firearms production. Less successful firearms, including some medium-frame rifles and all Merwin-Hulbert pistols were dropped as well. By the turn of the century, Hopkins & Allen was again profitable, and the company's products included single-shot shotguns and rifles, as well as a variety of revolvers. The company's return to profitability was not uneventful.
In the early hours of February 4, 1900, a fire of undetermined origin swept through the Hopkins & Allen factory, destroying the factory and most of its contents, including machinery, blueprints, records, parts, and completed firearms that had been awaiting shipment. H & A management began to salvage what they could while plans to rebuild the ravaged factory were prepared. By stroke of luck or fate, the Forehand Firearms Company of Worcester, Massachusetts was offered for sale by heirs of Sullivan Forehand, and Hopkins & Allen agreed to purchase the firm.
In addition to its firearms line, Forehand's manufacturing facilities included machinery and tools that were in excellent condition. H & A's production was consolidated with that of Forehand & Wadsworth at the latter's factory until the Hopkins & Allen plant could be rebuilt. As sections of the new H & A factory were completed, Forehand's machinery was transported from Worcester to Norwich during the night and set up in time for the next day's production to resume. In this way, the company was able to remain in business until H & A's new facilities were completed in 1902.
From its meager beginnings, Hopkins & Allen had grown from a small shop with 30 employees to a major producer of firearms and employer of 600 workers in a new multi-story factory. In a state known for firearms production, H & A. ranked third behind Colt and Winchester. Hopkins & Allen continued to manufacture a variety of revolvers and small arms until 1915, when commercial production ended and the company began to manufacture Mauser Model 1898 rifles for the government of Belgium. Rising costs forced the company into bankruptcy in 1917, and the U.S. Army Ordnance Department and Marlin Firearms took over H & A's factory for the production of Browning Automatic Rifles. Marlin purchased the assets of Hopkins & Allen in 1921. Reference, NRA Museum.
This is an early example of the 32 rimfire that Hopkins and Allen produced. It is in very fine original condition, mechanically it functions flawlessly with strong main spring and solid lock up and timing. The nickel finish is in 95% plus condition and the perfect pearl grips are outstanding, as well there is visible vibrant case colouring still remaining on the hammer.
oldguns.ca, virtual museum collection.